Saturday, September 15, 2012

Introduction Biography

Just the Tip of the Iceberg

      Image Credits to Natalie Lucier on  Flickr

        Hello classmates and people from all over the world, my name is Marla Fisher. Notice it is not Maria, I get called that name by mistake very often. I am 20 years old and am new to the Naples area but have lived in SWFL most of my life. I was born in Oregon but moved here as a baby. To begin with, I was adopted when I was in 8th grade and  I am the middle child of five girls. I love my family to death. Also, .I would love to travel one day, 2 places off the top of my head are Ireland and Australia.
        I have always wanted to be a teacher since I was little. I would really like to teach 2nd grade. I am hoping to get my AA from Edison and transfer to FGCU for my Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education or  even possibly my Master's Degree.The most technology I use is just your basic internet and social network usage - add me on Facebook or Twitter. I do have a certification in Microsoft PowerPoint and I took a web design class in high school.
       I love children. I help out at my church in the nursery and other programs although I don't have much teaching experience, yet. I don't have a teaching philosophy but I think teachers are able to give students a great gift which is knowledge. I, like Professor Coleman, think that class shouldn't be just lecture. It should be interactive. Students remember lessons more that they can relate to and enjoy.
       On a side note: I believe that everyone has their own story and you don't know who they. There is a whole lot more underneath, just like the tip of an iceberg.


1 comment:

  1. Great photograph to enhance your biography post. I'll add you on my social networks, but beware they are mostly photography and educational technology oriented!:)

    ReplyDelete